What we teach
Brian is a black belt in BJJ having trained since 2008. He received his black belt in 2021 from 8th degree coral belt Carlos Machado.
Brian also holds a brown belt in Aikido and a green belt in Judo.
• Qualified Personal Trainer and Strength Coach.
• Qualified Remedial Masseur.
• Cert IV in Training and Assessment
• Competition awards
4x AFBJJ Vic State Champion – Masters Blue Belt
• 2x Grappling Industries Vic State champion – Masters Purple.
• 2x IFBJJ Pan Pacific Champion – Masters Purple.
We start off learning techniques in a step by step method with a training partner at very low resistance until the mechanics of the technique are understood and you’ve had the chance to practice it multiple times. Over time your partner can increase the resistance as you require by using more of their weight or using counters they have learnt that you then have to work through to further improve your understanding and effectiveness with the techniques.
The Beginner/Fundamental classes are best, the General classes are also suitable.